Focal Point
Data Management Console

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/1381057331/m/3261055042

August 06, 2007, 06:44 PM
Viral
Data Management Console
Hello,
I am new to the Datamigrator and iWay.
Is it possible to access data management console from developer desktop like WebFocus reporting server get accessed by developer studio.
If yest then How ?

Thanks in advance for your suggestions.

WF 7.6.2/ OS WIN2003.
DM 7.6.2
August 07, 2007, 04:49 AM
FinSource
HI

Datamigrator has its own management console that is installed with the application. Service Manager are accessed the the Web interface on port 9999. The processes and transaformations is done through the application tools that is also installed i.e. Transforation workbench and Designer.

We found it best ot install the client tools for both DM and SM on the developers desktops and connect to the server environment from there.
August 07, 2007, 07:41 PM
Viral
Thanks for the info.

Is the DM and SM has client and server install seperately?
We had the DM instance installed already to the server. Just need to configure DM application server instance to access from the developer studio of my box.
Thanks for your suggestions.

WF 7.6.2/ OS WIN2003.
DM 7.6.2
August 14, 2007, 11:20 AM
Kerry
Hi Viral,

If you are asking if the DMC is installed separately from the client, the answer is both. A version is installed with the server and if you want a copy on an individual PC, it can be installed separately using a special license key.

I hope this helps and please let us know more details if your question is different. Smiler

Cheers,

Kerry

Kerry Zhan
Focal Point Moderator
Information Builders, Inc.