Focal Point
XPATH -> Global Variables

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/1381057331/m/3331022591

November 07, 2006, 09:44 AM
brandonkirsch
XPATH -> Global Variables
I am working on a process that is kicked off by a SQL listener. One of the columns the listener pulls down is a unique identifier that I need the process to "remember" until the very end.

How can I feed this information into a Global Variable or Special Register? I have tried defining a Global Variable with an XPATH to the column that is available at "Start" but it comes out blank. The Global Variable shows up like $VAR_NAME from my dropdown menus later on in the process, but it is always empty.

I've also tried to use the agent "com.ibi.agents.XDSREGAgent" at the beginning of the process. I use it to set variable type "USER" and set the value to the same XPATH. This doesn't make the variable show up in later dropdown menus, nor can I access the value by using SREG(VAR_NAME).

What recommendations are there to help my process remember the SQL UID until the very end?
December 07, 2006, 04:45 AM
FinSource
quote:
com.ibi.agents.XDSREGAgent

Have tried setting a global variable instead using a XPATH.

The com.ibi.agents.XDSREGAgent does work if you define the Varable and properties on the last tab in the designer object. When you call the variable please remember to use SREG(variable name). We use it successfully.