Focal Point
Iway web services consume in .net

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/1381057331/m/3601013022

March 27, 2007, 11:47 AM
valixx
Iway web services consume in .net
Hi,
Can somebody give to me an example of consuming
iway web services in .net application c# or vb.net ?

Regards,
valixx
April 02, 2007, 06:03 PM
<Newsgroup Traveller>
Hello Valixx,

What exactly do you need the example on? This is the same as consuming any Web Service in C# or VB.NET since Web Sevices are all definded following the same standard.

You need to add your Web Reference to you project, you just point Visual Studio to the iWay SOAP (that's the one that uses port 9000 by default) and you can select the iWay Web Service that you have created.

Once you've given you Web reference a name and clicked the Add Reference button, it's part of your project as any other Web Service.

Send us some details of where you get stuck, someone is bound to have seen it before...

NG
April 03, 2007, 03:46 PM
valixx
Thank you for contact .
My scenario :
WebFOCUS procedure (mycar.fex ) , I connect with IWAY , I generate a new WebSERVICES in IWAY (I can test it and is working fine), I add a Web Reference in C# and here I am not able to go forword becouse I have 3 new classes : ibsinfo , mycar ,mycarResponseRPCOut , mycarResponseRPCOutRecord .
The better think is send to you my wsdl file .
Can u give to me your e-mail address ?

Best regards,
Vali
September 26, 2008, 11:15 AM
Upendrasai
Hi
I am also facing the same problem. we have created a webservice using iway to accept complex data types. it will accept a SOAP message with some input data and it will return a some SOAP output.I have tried three different ways to call that webservice.

1)consuming webservice in .net application by add web reference
2)using wsdl.exe i have created a proxy for that webservice using command promt and converted as dll and included in my project bin directory.
3) through httpwebrequest POST menthod.

I failed to get the output from the webservice.I am getting Connection was closed unexpectedly.

Could any buddy guide me what is the procedure I need to follow or necessary steps to consume a I way created webservice in .net. Expecting earlyest response.. Thanks in advance...