Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  iWay Software Product Forum on Focal Point    [Cosed] Problem with EX CMASAP

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[Cosed] Problem with EX CMASAP
 Login/Join

posted
We are moving from DataMigrator 7.1.4 to version 7.7.03 and are having a problem with the “EX CMASAP” command.

Here is the command with the problem:
EX CMASAP REQ_NAME = kpisumpremtranstx, CM_ASYNC = OFF, APPDIR = irf_etl_dataflow, DEP_ALIAS = DEP_62, PRNT_REQ = &&CM__REQUEST

Here is the error:
(ICM18764) Request irf_etl_dataflow/kpisumpremtranstx failed; RC = 18986
(ICM18986) Request irf_etl_dataflow/kpisumpremtranstx could not be found or accessed
(ICM18039) DEP_62 kpisumpremtranstx Return Code = 18986

The kpisumpremtranstx flow is in the irf_etl_dataflow folder. In troubleshooting this, I replaced the “EX CMASAP” line with “-include kpisumpremtranxtx” and the flow ran with no problems.

Any help would be appreciated.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: jrh,

WebFOCUS 7.7
Windows, All Outputs

Posts: 12 | Location: Columbia Tennessee | Registered: June 13, 2012Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Tried this many different ways with same release. The only way it fails for me is when the flow or the app directory are not there.

"There is no limit to what you can achieve ... if you don’t care who gets the credit." Roger Abbott

Posts: 1102 | Location: Toronto, Ontario | Registered: May 26, 2004Report This Post
Silver Member
posted Hide Post
Hello,
Which exactly release and gen of 7.7.03 are you utilizing?
This sounds like an issue that's been addressed in the current production gen of the release 7.7.03M. Please apply the maintenance and take the current version - 7.7.03M gen 714 or later.
If that will not help, then please open a hottrack case and provide the saved diagnostics.

posted Hide Post
Thank you for your replies. Sorry for the slow response but I have been out for a bit.

dhagen – I have verified that the folders and flows exist and they do.

Marina – I downloaded and installed the latest version which is 7.7.04M. This did not help. I guess I will have to enter a case.

In the meanwhile, I have included some additional information below.

1. I am using Active Directory (LDAP) as my security access.

2. I copied the “apps” folder directory from my old environment. I did not use any migration tools. Maybe this is a step I missed.

3. If I “run” a flow it seems to work until it hits an “ex cmasap” line. If I “submit” a flow I get the “file not found” error. I can only assume that “run” is equivalent to “-include” and “submit” is equivalent to “ex cmasap”.

4. From DataMigrator if I “run” a flow by right clicking on the flow name (this is before I open it), it will run until it hits an “ex cmasap” line. If I “submit” it, it will give me the “file not found” error and lists the name of the flow I am trying to run as the file it cannot find or access. It is not able to run anything in the flow.

5. I rechecked all the windows security to make sure this is not the problem and everything looks fine there.

6. I tested “ex cmasap” in a WebFocus 7.7.03 environment and it worked fine.

7. I found that in 7.1.4 there was not a DLL for cmasap but in 7.7.03 there is so I guess this was turned into an API. It is curious to me that the size of the DLL is different between WebFocus and DataMigrator. Just as a quick test, I moved the WebFocus DLL to the DataMigrator environment and restarted the service but when I tried to submit a flow the service crashed. I really did not expect this to work but I am grasping at straws.

8. I checked all the setting for the “Scheduler” in the Admin section and everything looks OK to me.

Thanks again for your responses.

WebFOCUS 7.7
Windows, All Outputs

Posts: 12 | Location: Columbia Tennessee | Registered: June 13, 2012Report This Post
Guru
posted Hide Post
Could you please confirm that application directory you are referencing is in the app path for the user id that is running the flow.

BTW, while Submit is indeed equivalent to EX CMSASAP flow, actually Run is equivalent to EX flow.

When you Run a flow it runs in the same agent as where it was started; you can't do anything else until it finishes. Output appears in the console log.

When you Submit a flow it starts a new agent, and if you Submit with options, you can (optionally) not wait for it to complete and do something else. Output is written to the DataMigrator log.

CMASAP requires that the schedule is running. From Workspace, Special Services, SCHEDULER, context menu you should see a menu item Stop if it's running. Also from Properties you should see sched_autostart is y.

If you are still having problems, then yes, please open a hottrack case and supply a savediag.

N/A

Posts: 397 | Location: New York City | Registered: May 03, 2007Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you Clif.

I have verified that the application is in the app path for the user running the flow.

Thanks for the clarification on the difference between 'run' and 'submit'.

The schedule is running and sched_autostart is y.

I have submitted a case on this.

WebFOCUS 7.7
Windows, All Outputs

posted Hide Post
I have resolved this problem. I discovered that when 'ex cmasap' kicks off a new agent, it uses the first system admin user in the admin.cfg configuration file. The first user in the config file included the domain name and this was causing a problem. We have not researched this on windows yet but once I moved the same user without the domain to the top of admin.cfg, it worked fine.

Thank you to everyone that helped.

WebFOCUS 7.7
Windows, All Outputs