Focal Point Banner
Community Center Education Summit Technical Support User Groups
Let's Get Social!

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn YouTube
Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  iWay Software Product Forum on Focal Point    creation of time dimension
Go
New
Search
Notify
Tools

creation of time dimension
 Login/Join

<Renuka>
posted
Hi,

I could see the date function for year, month etc, but not quarter.
Could you please help me in creating Quarter field in SQL Calculator using SQL columns in iWay(Data Management Console).

Thanks,
Renuka

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Master
posted Hide Post
What you need to do is define a field in the metadata (Master File Description .mas file) called something like Quarter with the format of Q and have it equal a date field (I believe the field needs to be of format something like YYMD, YYM, YM, MYY, MY, MDYY etc..).

Posts: 862 | Registered: May 24, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<Renuka>
posted
Hi,

As there is no format of Q in the date functions in .mas

Is there any function to extract Quarter from the date.

Thanks,
Renuka

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
There is no /Q date format, just as there is no /M format: Without a Year component, M and Q are just components (with limited range), not points in an unlimited series of "dates".

Cast your /YYM to /YYQ, and that to /I5YYQ, and extract its units digit via EDIT(,'$$$$9') or IMOD(,10,) to a /I1.

Posts: 1925 | Location: NYC | In FOCUS since 1983 | Registered: January 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<José Andrés Vargas Aguilar>
posted
Perhaps you want to try getting the quarter of the date from the data source.

Oracle, for example, has the very usefull TO_CHAR() and TO_DATE() functions.