Focal Point
[SOLVED] ETL Log - Error Sending email: RC = 7

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/1381057331/m/3847039676

June 25, 2015, 12:49 PM
A Fisher
[SOLVED] ETL Log - Error Sending email: RC = 7
As part of one of our ETL jobs, there is a step that sends an email informing that adminstrator that that particular ETL process has started. This has been functioning correctly for quite some time.

A couple of days ago the admin stopped getting the emails. Checking the log for that ETL job, I noticed the following error :

------ Start of Log Record for Example_ods/process_load_all ------
Error sending email: RC = 7 (ExampleEmail@domain.com)

First, there were some obvious changes to the email addresses in the above example, but the form is still there, and the leading portion of the error message hasn't been changed.

I've done some searching and can't seem to track down what that error code is. It's my suspicion that it has something to do w/ configuration settings on our email server. That server is outside of my control, so I would like to go to the group who administer those servers with detailed information.

Does anyone know what this error code means, or where I could look it up? Thank you.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: A Fisher,

WebFOCUS 8.2.0.1 / App Studio 8.2.0.1 (04092014) / Windows 7 / HTML5, PDF, XLS
June 25, 2015, 02:47 PM
A Fisher
I was just informed that the address for our SMTP server changed, which was the source of the error.

WebFOCUS 8.2.0.1 / App Studio 8.2.0.1 (04092014) / Windows 7 / HTML5, PDF, XLS