Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  iWay Software Product Forum on Focal Point    Method for determining the extension of a file.

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
Method for determining the extension of a file.
 Login/Join

posted
Hi everyone,

Is there a common method for determining the extension of a file for use in a process flow or route? What I would like to do is be able to pass in several types of files to a process flow (e.g. filename.ex1, filename2.ex2, filename3.xml, etc.), determine and store the extension of a file in a runtime variable, and then have a Decision Switch object use that variable to route the file/document down the correct path in the process flow. Any suggestions for how to accomplish this would be appreciated. Thanks in advance for your help.

iWay Service Manager 5.6
WebFOCUS 7.6.7
Windows, All Outputs

Gold member
posted Hide Post
Hi,
What kind of listener are you using?
Have you tried puttting a QAAgent at the start of the pflow, and seeing if the file extension is available as a system SREG?
Regards,
AdeH

iWay 5.5 SMSP1 and 6.0.1 on Intel/Linux

Posts: 59 | Location: Birmingham, Blighty | Registered: October 30, 2007Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
If you have a file listener, then the system SREG extension should be populated and available when the pflow picks up the document. Similarly, SREG basename will contain the file name without extension, and SREG filename contains basename.extension

HTH

Posts: 59 | Location: Birmingham, Blighty | Registered: October 30, 2007Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks, AdeH! SREG(extension) works great as the value of a runtime variable in my Decision Switch object. Is there a list of these types of SREG's available somewhere? I've looked through the user guides, but didn't see anything. I'll also have to do some research on how to use the QA Agent, like you suggested. Thanks, again.

posted Hide Post
If you don't have an sreg, try
_token('filename', '\\.', _count('filename',all,'\\.') )

iWay Service Manager (6.0.1 - patch.62627)
DMC Version 7 Release 7

Gold member
posted Hide Post
Hi Chuck,
Search for 'file listener special registers' in Infocentre, they are detailed there.

AdeH

posted Hide Post
Thanks, AdeH. I have been looking for a good resource/reference for the iWay tools. I haven't found much information on the Web, though. It's not like Java where you can do a quick Google search to answer your own question or figure out how to make something work, so I really appreciate your feedback.