Focal Point
[CLOSED] Packed decimal with Actual and Usage attribute

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/1381057331/m/3877021986

January 27, 2018, 09:18 AM
Suga
[CLOSED] Packed decimal with Actual and Usage attribute
Hi,

Please clarify what values can be defined in Datamigrator delimited file creation with Actual and usage attributes and why
Given below is my soruce and destnation:
Source File:
Account bigint(20), amount decimal(20,2)
Destination Datbase"
Account bigint(20), amount decimal(20,2)

This message has been edited. Last edited by: FP Mod Chuck,

WebFOCUS 8
Windows, All Outputs
January 31, 2018, 10:38 AM
Clif
I haven't responded to your query because I don't quite understand it and I guess neither have others. What do you mean by "DataMigrator delimited file creation?" Are you referring to the process of creating a synonym that describes an existing delimited file? Or creating a delimited file from some other data source?

The USAGE or display format column described as DECIMAL(20,2) would be P22.2 (two more than the database to display the decimal point and negative sign).

For a database the ACTUAL would be P11 which is the number of bytes required for storage the digits which are "packed" in two per byte with another nibble needed for the sign.

OTOH a delimited file is a text file, you don't want to write a binary format liked packed decimal so the ACTUAL is An where n indicates the maximum length.

N/A