Focal Point
Not appending record into the target

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/1381057331/m/3971058331

May 09, 2005, 08:43 AM
<Vaibhav Nimavat>
Not appending record into the target
Hi,
I am trying to load data form MS Access table to SQL Server Table.If I insert or update any row in the source table then it should be reflect in target as insert only with the new generated key in short I wan to generate SCD 2.But in my case,it is deleted the target table first and insert the rows of source.So nothing history is maintained.So what should I do?Is it possible with DMC or not? And if it possible then what should be the target properties for that??
Thank you,
Vaibhav
May 09, 2005, 04:55 PM
newtofocus
You might have probably selected truncate table on the prior to load options in the load object. Select leave table instead.
May 10, 2005, 04:39 AM
<Vaibhav Nimavat>
Hi,

I have not assign the option of truncate table.But i have given "No changes" there.So
Pl. if you have other solution then tell me.

Thank you,
Vaibhav
May 10, 2005, 09:39 PM
newtofocus
What version of the ETL manager are you using?. If you had preprocessing options turned on did you make sure that you did not check delete record on record not found.

Thanks,
Chandra.
May 10, 2005, 09:42 PM
newtofocus
What version of the ETL manager are you using?. If you had preprocessing options turned on did you make sure that you did not check delete record on record found.
May 11, 2005, 07:40 AM
<Vaibhav Nimavat>
what is the ETL manager? How it differs from Data Management Console? Is DMC contains all the facilities to implement SCDs?
Thanx