Focal Point
[CLOSED] Email Listener in iSM

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/1381057331/m/3977037626

November 30, 2012, 04:18 PM
Shirley
[CLOSED] Email Listener in iSM
Hi,

I need help configuring an Email Listener. I got the server host name and creditials, but I'm getting unable to login error after it's deployed.

I worked with my lotus notes admin to plug in every possible server host(name and ip address), but none worked.

I'm just wondering if there's something I need to acquire(license fee from ibi) before using the email listener?

For those of you who had successfully configured an email listener, any input would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: FP Mod Chuck,

Shirley Huang
WF 7.7.04M MRE BID DevStudio
WIN2003, SQL Server 2000/DB2
HTML/PDF/EXL2k/AHTML
iSM 6.16
December 04, 2012, 02:15 PM
Kerry
Hi Shirley,

For installation and/or configuration issues, they should be addressed via a case with Customer Support Services. So if you have not done so, please call 1-800-736-6130, or access online at InfoResponse.

Cheers,

Kerry

Kerry Zhan
Focal Point Moderator
Information Builders, Inc.
January 17, 2013, 07:44 AM
Charles Maheu
Hi Shirley,

I remember that I had this king of issue when I first tried the email listener a while ago.

On our environment I think the network guys needed to open the IMAP port on the mail server. Why, I don't know... but we are using Groupwise here, not Lotus notes, so that may be not your case.

Regards,
Charles

WebFocus 7.6.8
iWay: 6.1.4
October 17, 2017, 08:54 AM
srajeevan
Hi Shirley,

Where you able to achieve email listener using ism?If so please share the knowledge.

I have got this requirement to listen to email and extratc the pdf content and store in as csv/excel and push the data out from it to a database.

Thanks.

WF8206,Windows 7,8,10
HTM,PDF,EXCEL
October 20, 2017, 10:40 AM
FP Mod Chuck
Srajeevan

I suggest you open a case with techsupport to get the help you need.

Thank you for using Focal Point!

Chuck Wolff - Focal Point Moderator
WebFOCUS 7x and 8x, Windows, Linux All output Formats