Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  iWay Software Product Forum on Focal Point    [CLOSED] how to pass dyn parameter into veritable within a 'process' in DataMigrater?

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[CLOSED] how to pass dyn parameter into veritable within a 'process' in DataMigrater?
 Login/Join

Platinum Member
posted
Hi,

DataMigrater allow to set variable within the process to select columns or table. my objective is for user to input parameters to select which table and which column(s) to do transformation into which target(there is minimum 3 input from user).
any ideas or thought ?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: FP Mod Chuck,

WebFOCUS v8.2.06 , Windows

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Nox

This sounds like a "Self Service" DM application. There is nothing out of the box to do this that I am aware of.

Thank you for using Focal Point!

Chuck Wolff - Focal Point Moderator
WebFOCUS 7x and 8x, Windows, Linux All output Formats

Posts: 2127 | Location: Customer Support | Registered: April 12, 2005Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
I checked with product management and this would be considered a new feature request.

Posts: 2127 | Location: Customer Support | Registered: April 12, 2005Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Hi Chuck,

Similar to Self Service, but it more like able to get parameter from another source into 'variable' within DataMigrater.

eg. User input 3 parameter, and save or store into a file or a text-file, and then able to get those parameter within that file to pass into variable to do ETL.

the thing is that I don't want hard written variables that are choose Table and Column(s).
so no other way?

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Nox

This is completely untested and just an idea. If WebFOCUS is on the same machine as DataMigrator create a WebFOCUS html form to prompt the user for that info and create a hold file saved in an app folder DataMigrator has access to. Then create a flow that is triggered by a file listener. In that flow you can have a stored procedure as the first object that reads that file and creates the variables you want. But the big thing is DataMigrator flows are dependent on master files and specific SQL logic so I don't know how it will work for you. Just wanted to give you an idea to try though.

Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Hi Chuck,

this is great idea, I'll give a try for File listener, but in the same time, need to know if anybody had any other similar experienced would be great to share with?

Thanks,

posted Hide Post
Its been a while since I used DM and now I use Informatica Cloud (IICS). The way they handle passing parameter is that Tasks can have configuration files associated with them. In these files variables can be set to be used in a task.
We change the content of the parameter file if we want to change a variable value. In our case the table schema name is a variable that is used in a Select statement. i.e. SELECT ID FROM $SCHEMA.MYTABLE

So can't DM have a fex with -SET & commands in it which is called prior to the Process Flow being run that can be used it the flow?