Focal Point
[SOLVED] Installation of DQS Online Services - Change Tomcat Default Port?

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/1381057331/m/4207059176

July 29, 2014, 08:40 PM
A Fisher
[SOLVED] Installation of DQS Online Services - Change Tomcat Default Port?
I'm sure that this will be a simple question to answer (for some of you), but after searching high and low, I haven't seen it asked.

I am attempting to enable the online services for Data Quality Server. When I run the provided batch file 'start_tomcat' I get a couple of errors that look like this :

SEVERE: Failed to initialize connector [Connector[HTTP/1.1-8081]]
LifecycleException: Protocol handler initialization failed: java.net.SocketExce
ption: Unrecognized Windows Sockets error: 0: JVM_Bind

After some additional troubleshooting it's been determined that McAfee Framework Service is already reserving / using that port.

The path of least resistance (in my opinion) is to change what port Tomcat is going to use for this service. I've looked through many of the batch files and some of the config files but can't find where to change that port.

Does anyone know how I can go about changing that default port away from 8081? And while we're at it, if someone knows what many of the default ports are, does someone have a suggestion of a port to use?

Thanks in advance for any help.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Tamra,

WebFOCUS 8.2.0.1 / App Studio 8.2.0.1 (04092014) / Windows 7 / HTML5, PDF, XLS
July 30, 2014, 10:07 AM
A Fisher
I received information from one of our IBI contacts on how to resolve this issue.

In the \Tomcat\Conf directory off of the DQS install folder there is a server.xml file. Within that file there is a line which indicates the port and protocol to use.

Changing the port from the default 8081 to a port that works in your environment solved the problem for me. It was easiest for me to find the line by searching for 8081.

WebFOCUS 8.2.0.1 / App Studio 8.2.0.1 (04092014) / Windows 7 / HTML5, PDF, XLS