Focal Point
[CLOSED] My first Iway project - quits after 1 hour

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/1381057331/m/4497047716

March 12, 2012, 03:43 PM
Mike in DeLand
[CLOSED] My first Iway project - quits after 1 hour
Sorry about the re-post, but I forgot to turn on the notifications the first time.

OK, I've got my Iway channel built and running. It's great. My only problem left is that it quits after running for 1 hour. I'm dropping a text file into a folder, and my process flow takes that and loads the records into an old mainframe DB2 database. After insering the records for an hour, it quits with a 'timeout' error. I've verified that when publishing the process flow I have zero in the timeout value, and in my file listener my execution time limit is 7200 (2 hours). Still quitting after 1 hour. Is there another parameter somewhere that I've missed? Thanks for a great forum.

Mike

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Mike in DeLand,

Webfocus 8
Windows, Linux
March 13, 2012, 09:41 AM
Igor Y
If you're using the SQL agent, it has a timeout parameter too.

iWay Service Manager (6.0.1 - patch.62627)
DMC Version 7 Release 7
March 13, 2012, 10:58 AM
Mike in DeLand
Thanks for your response. In my SQL object in the designer, I do have timeout = 0 on there. I looked at the ODBC that is being used and did not see anywhere that a 1 hour timeout would be set.

Webfocus 8
Windows, Linux
March 14, 2012, 05:24 AM
AdeH
Hi Mike,
Are you using a persistent database connection?
What is the actual error message you're getting in the iWay log?
I've seen this happen where the firewall chops the connection to the MF after a period, may be worth checking with your firewall guys.

iWay 5.5 SMSP1 and 6.0.1 on Intel/Linux
March 14, 2012, 08:31 AM
Mike in DeLand
Thanks for the tip. I ran my procedure yesterday and it ran all the way through. I'm thinking maybe I didn't compile something right.

Webfocus 8
Windows, Linux