Focal Point
[SOLVED] SCD 2 , StartDate and Begin Date Problem

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/1381057331/m/4607089176

July 31, 2014, 10:15 AM
VS4
[SOLVED] SCD 2 , StartDate and Begin Date Problem
Hi,
I have implemented SCD2 Type using in built IWAY functionality. I am using all SCD fields which are current flag,begin date , end date.
but my problem is after the first run for any subsequnt change to the record I want the startdate for the new record to be the end date of the previos record.

Please suggest how can I implement this ?

Regards
Venkat

WebFOCUS8,IWAY DM
Windows, All Outputs

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Tamra,

WebFOCUS8,IWAY DM
Windows, All Outputs
July 31, 2014, 10:56 AM
VS4
Hi,
I have follwed below advise from Clif and its now working the way I wanted to implement SCD Type 2. Thanks Clif

"DataMigrator support for Slowly Changing Dimension Type II was designed to assign the "current" date as the begin date for active records.

As you know you can use some other date by settig the global variable &&SCM__SCDATE for re-runs or simply running the flow as though it were some date in the past. This can be easily done in the variables object in a process flow.

So you could initialize the begin date values by running the flow the first time with it set to the turn of the last century. Then for subsequent runs remove the setting and any updates will be assigned the current date."

WebFOCUS8,IWAY DM
Windows, All Outputs