Focal Point
[CLOSED] iSM - How to get the agent type during a process flow runtime execution

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/1381057331/m/4657070196

January 29, 2019, 06:37 AM
Tsepe
[CLOSED] iSM - How to get the agent type during a process flow runtime execution
Hi All,

Is there a ifl, agent or specialregister I can use to get the agent type for the last executed agent in a process flow? I need something similar to the iway.lastnode and iway.priornode special registers for the agent name

I want to use a catch agent( com.ibi.agents.XDCatchAgent) in all my process flows to trap any error edges encountered during a process execution in order to route the error payload to a generic error handling process flow. I want to make the process of trapping errors in my main process flows to be as lightweight and generic as possible.

The only thing I am missing is the agent type (It would also be nice if all agents generated the same error doc/payload but thats a conversation for another day)

iSM8.0.2

This message has been edited. Last edited by: FP Mod Chuck,

iWay Datamigrator 76,
iWay Service Manager 5.5, Windows server 2000,
May 29, 2019, 04:15 PM
vinodh
did you resolved it.

if not, then you can use a proper naming convention to the object would solve the problem.

i always suffix a agent/object name with that particular type. so that i can use the iway.lastnode and strip out the suffix whenever i need.

do you think it will help you.
post me if you got a better one.

WebFOCUS 8
Windows, All Outputs
June 04, 2019, 04:44 AM
Tsepe
Hi

I did not find a solution for this. I thought about the naming convention solution but it is difficult to implement in a team environment where you are not able to do in-depth code reviews

I appreciate the feedback though

iWay Datamigrator 76,
iWay Service Manager 5.5, Windows server 2000,
June 14, 2019, 09:27 AM
vinodh
if you want to achieve a certain step, then you have to advice the team with the benefits and go ahead with the solution. we have done in similar environments and it worked great.

quote:
Originally posted by vinodh:
did you resolved it.

if not, then you can use a proper naming convention to the object would solve the problem.

i always suffix a agent/object name with that particular type. so that i can use the iway.lastnode and strip out the suffix whenever i need.

do you think it will help you.
post me if you got a better one.

WebFOCUS 8
Windows, All Outputs