Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  iWay Software Product Forum on Focal Point    [CASE-OPENED] FORMAT ERROR not giving FOCERRNUM

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[CASE-OPENED] FORMAT ERROR not giving FOCERRNUM
 Login/Join

Platinum Member
posted
I have a data flow with Delimited flat file as source. One of the attributes is a date for which I want to be checked if it is a correct date which is defined as follows:
FIELDNAME=KLANTDATUMBEGIN, USAGE=YYMD, ACTUAL=A10, MISSING=ON, $

A sample source file has 9 lines, and in the second line this field has value 'AA14-10-09' so an incorrect date.

When running the data flow it correctly gives the following error message in the DM log file:

(FOC1346) : FORMAT ERROR: Record 2 , Column 420
(FOC1130) FORMAT CONVERSION ERROR FIELD/KEY : KLANTDATUMBEGIN

This happens at the following code in the flow:
SQL EXECUTE SQLIN;
TABLE ON TABLE HOLD AS
SQLIN
FORMAT INTERNAL
IF RECORDLIMIT EQ &STOPAT
END

Despite this format error &FOCERRNUM still has value 0, so the flow just continues, skipping those input errors but processing the other records.

This is not the behaviour I want, I want to be alerted of any error so I can take proper action.
How can I catch this error in the flow?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Tamra,

WebFocus 8206M, iWay DataMigrator, Windows, DB2 Windows V10.5, MS SQL Server, Azure SQL, Hyperstage, ReportCaster

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
I haven't tested this scenario, but wondering if using &FORMAT would work here.

Alan.
WF 7.705/8.007

Posts: 1451 | Location: Portugal | Registered: February 07, 2007Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Hi Alan,

A good suggestion, I was not aware of this system variable.
But unfortunately this is not set either. These lines are just ignored and not counted in &FORMAT. &LINES, &RECORDS.

Martin.

WebFocus 8206M, iWay DataMigrator, Windows, DB2 Windows V10.5, MS SQL Server, Azure SQL, Hyperstage, ReportCaster

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Martin
I have found that &FORMAT is being reset, so cannot be used. I believe that there is already a NFR that may apply to your scenario, so I would recommend opening a case with IB.

Alan.
WF 7.705/8.007

Posts: 1451 | Location: Portugal | Registered: February 07, 2007Report This Post
Guru
posted Hide Post
quote:
(FOC1346) : FORMAT ERROR

Martin,

Yes, there is New Feature Request for this issue. By opening a case and associating it with the New Feature Request you will be kept informed of the release if/when it becomes available.

At this point, the work around is to use a stored procedure after the data flow to read the
etllog and etlstats log files to find the format error and records they occured
on.

I hope you find the above useful.

Kindest regards,
Tamra Colangelo
iWay Focal Point Forum Moderator

WebFOCUS 8x - BI Portal, Developer Studio, App Studio, Excel, PDF, Active Formats and HTML5

Posts: 487 | Location: Toronto | Registered: June 23, 2009Report This Post