Focal Point
[CASE-OPENED] FORMAT ERROR not giving FOCERRNUM

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/1381057331/m/4767020376

October 10, 2014, 04:15 AM
Martin vK
[CASE-OPENED] FORMAT ERROR not giving FOCERRNUM
I have a data flow with Delimited flat file as source. One of the attributes is a date for which I want to be checked if it is a correct date which is defined as follows:
FIELDNAME=KLANTDATUMBEGIN, USAGE=YYMD, ACTUAL=A10, MISSING=ON, $

A sample source file has 9 lines, and in the second line this field has value 'AA14-10-09' so an incorrect date.

When running the data flow it correctly gives the following error message in the DM log file:

(FOC1346) : FORMAT ERROR: Record 2 , Column 420
(FOC1130) FORMAT CONVERSION ERROR FIELD/KEY : KLANTDATUMBEGIN

This happens at the following code in the flow:
SQL EXECUTE SQLIN;
TABLE ON TABLE HOLD AS
SQLIN
FORMAT INTERNAL
IF RECORDLIMIT EQ &STOPAT
END

Despite this format error &FOCERRNUM still has value 0, so the flow just continues, skipping those input errors but processing the other records.

This is not the behaviour I want, I want to be alerted of any error so I can take proper action.
How can I catch this error in the flow?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Tamra,

WebFocus 8206M, iWay DataMigrator, Windows, DB2 Windows V10.5, MS SQL Server, Azure SQL, Hyperstage, ReportCaster
October 11, 2014, 06:26 AM
Alan B
I haven't tested this scenario, but wondering if using &FORMAT would work here.

Alan.
WF 7.705/8.007
October 13, 2014, 03:20 AM
Martin vK
Hi Alan,

A good suggestion, I was not aware of this system variable.
But unfortunately this is not set either. These lines are just ignored and not counted in &FORMAT. &LINES, &RECORDS.

Martin.

WebFocus 8206M, iWay DataMigrator, Windows, DB2 Windows V10.5, MS SQL Server, Azure SQL, Hyperstage, ReportCaster
October 13, 2014, 06:10 AM
Alan B
Martin
I have found that &FORMAT is being reset, so cannot be used. I believe that there is already a NFR that may apply to your scenario, so I would recommend opening a case with IB.

Alan.
WF 7.705/8.007
October 20, 2014, 10:35 AM
Tamra
quote:
(FOC1346) : FORMAT ERROR

Martin,

Yes, there is New Feature Request for this issue. By opening a case and associating it with the New Feature Request you will be kept informed of the release if/when it becomes available.

At this point, the work around is to use a stored procedure after the data flow to read the
etllog and etlstats log files to find the format error and records they occured
on.

I hope you find the above useful.

Kindest regards,
Tamra Colangelo
iWay Focal Point Forum Moderator

WebFOCUS 8x - BI Portal, Developer Studio, App Studio, Excel, PDF, Active Formats and HTML5