Focal Point
FOCMSG stack in Data Migrator

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/1381057331/m/4787098895

February 17, 2011, 04:49 PM
sarma_433
FOCMSG stack in Data Migrator
Hi,

How to retrieve log message stack (like FocMsg in a Maintain Procedure) from an ETL flow in Data Migrator?, once the job is finished eventually this log is written to ETLLOG table once the job is completed I believe.

ps: a flow in data migrator doesn't write its log messages to ETLLOG table until the end of job.

Sri
February 18, 2011, 06:34 AM
sarma_433
Hi,

Just to elaborate my question above, I have a data flow which is calling a stored procedure at the end of it, and I want to access the log stack of data flow in that procedure but it is not available in ETLLOG table at that point of time as data flow doesn't write until it finishes its job (including execution of stored proc), I could only see that it creates one record in ETLLOG table with the log message 'Request Submitted Immediately', so it looks like the log of data flow is stored in a stack (like FocMsg in a maintain proc) and is flushed into ETLLOG at the end of the process, wanted to know how I can access that log stack.

Sri
February 18, 2011, 03:32 PM
dhagen
Don't know if you can do that. Is there something specific you are looking for? Most of the relevant info is available via parameters that you can reference in your stored proc.

"There is no limit to what you can achieve ... if you don’t care who gets the credit." Roger Abbott