Focal Point
[CLOSED] DB2 Advice Required -- Row Change Timestamp

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/1381057331/m/4847089036

May 22, 2013, 10:35 AM
John_Edwards
[CLOSED] DB2 Advice Required -- Row Change Timestamp
Is it possible to access the ROW CHANGE TIMESTAMP via Data Migrator? I have a routine that needs to pull all records that have changed recently, but I can't figure out a way to pass the ROW CHANGE concept to DB2 via Data Migrator. It won't even let me click the OK button on the filter routine if I have ROW CHANGE in the text.

J.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: <Kathryn Henning>,

May 23, 2013, 12:07 PM
Clif
If you have a column in the DB2 source table generated as a ROW CHANGE TIMESTAMP when you create the synonym for it the column is included (as READONLY) and you can use it in a SELECT list or WHERE condition.

For tables without such a column DB2 "returns a timestamp value that reflects changes made to the page instead of to the row." If that's what you want you can access it with an expression like:

DB_EXPR (ROW CHANGE TIMESTAMP FOR T1)  > CURRENT_TIMESTAMP() - 24 HOUR  

The DB_EXPR function allows you to use most dialect specific SQL expressions and is available in the current production Release 7.7.05.

If you are not using the current release then you could use a DBMS SQL flow which uses Direct Pass Throurh.

N/A