Focal Point
How to use File listener inside Direct load flow - to link a process flow

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/1381057331/m/489102983

March 08, 2010, 12:12 PM
selva ganapathy
How to use File listener inside Direct load flow - to link a process flow
I am using Data migrator 7.6.9

I want to use file listener in direct load flow

Step 1 - using file listener to find the file in a location and load it into a staging table.
Step 2 - Need to run a process flow which uses the staging table loaded in step1.

Whether in step 1(Direct load flow), it is possible to link the step 2(a process flow which contains more than 30 data flows).
I checked in user guide. no example is given how to use direct load flow to activate a process flow.
Can any one help me. how to link process flow in direct load flow. Whether it will work.

Thanks,
Selva
March 09, 2010, 10:03 AM
Clif
A normal DataMigrator data flow or direct load flow processes the input and completes. If called by a process flow another flow or procedure can the be run.

However a flow that uses the File Listener runs and then waits for another input file. It waits and waits and never completes (as long as the agent or server is running). So there is no opportunity to run another process.

We recognized this limitation, and the File Listener was re-written for Release 7.7. It's now configured in the synonym for the data source and you specify how long or how many files to wait for. After that it does complete and you can run another process or send an email. The flow could be scheduled to be run regulary to load additional files.

For what you want to do I would suggest getting Release 7.7. A beta version is available now for download, and production is scheduled for the end of this month, March 2010,

N/A