Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  iWay Software Product Forum on Focal Point    [CLOSED] Any way to get a Read count in Data Migrator?

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[CLOSED] Any way to get a Read count in Data Migrator?
 Login/Join

Virtuoso
posted
I have a very simple routine that reads records from DB2 with the following format in the SQL Statement box:

select * from alert

I select records from one database this way, write them all to another. When I run this routine the ETLLog shows the number of records written to my destination table, but it does not show the number of records read.

Yes, in theory every record should write and it should be a perfectly even match, or an error thrown if not. But I have been given a requirement to show both the number of records read and the number of records written for accounting purposes, and I'm trying to figure out a way to get the records-read count to appear.

I can put '-TYPE &RECORDS' after the select command, and it prints the number of records read. But, I can't close the box and save the routine. It throws an error.

Any suggestions? Looking at SQL options but don't see one that fits the bill.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: FP Mod Chuck,

Posts: 1012 | Location: At the Mast | Registered: May 17, 2007Report This Post
Guru
posted Hide Post
The count of rows processed (read) and accepted (written) both appear in the log regardless as to whether you generate the SQL or type it in provided that you use load type insert/update. .

These same numbers are available in the statistics report after the flow has completed.

The SQL object is just for SELECT statements.

If you want to add a -TYPE statement to a flow, create a stored procedure with it, and then on the process flow tab it after the (embedded) data flow and connect the objects.

N/A

Posts: 397 | Location: New York City | Registered: May 03, 2007Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
This is what I get when I query ETLLog after the run:

------ Start of Log Record for core_db2p_all_rows/load_alert ------              
Request - load_alert (Owner: admin) submitted.                                   
coredb_alert_core type MS SQL Server Existing target                             
Issuing PREPARE                                                                  
ROWS AFFECTED BY PASSTHRU COMMAND  : 32967/DELETE                                
Bulk Insert active. INSERTSIZE = 10000                                           
Starting Load                                                                    
0 WARNING.. ON MATCH INCLUDE INPUTS DUPLICATE SEGMENTS                           
REFERENCE...AT TRANS   10000                                                     
Commit forced at:  10000 for  10000 row(s)                                       
REFERENCE...AT TRANS   20000                                                     
Commit forced at:  20000 for  10000 row(s)                                       
REFERENCE...AT TRANS   30000                                                     
Commit forced at:  30000 for  10000 row(s)                                       
Commit forced at:  32964 for   2964 row(s)                                       
Ending Load                                                                      
Return Code = 0                                                                  
Request: load_alert - finished processing                                        
CPU Time : 2485                                                                  
Finished                                                                         
Elapsed run time 0:00:08                                                         
------ End of Log Record for core_db2p_all_rows/load_alert ------                

How do I get those additional messages to print to the log file please?

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Yeah, and my ibif_max_messages is set at 20 on my I-Way server too. Need to figure out where to change that, and all the help sends me to the client console, where it's set to 20,000. So if you can explain how I change that in the I-Way service I'd appreciate it as well.

Guru
posted Hide Post
As I said "provided that you use load type insert/update." Since that does row-at-a-time processing we can count the rows.

You are using load type "Insert records from memory" with a blocksize of 10,000.

As documented in the DMUG

Insert records from memory:
* Loads much faster, since a block of rows are inserted at once...
* Does not provide row counts (the number of records inserted or rejected) in the detail log or statistics.

N/A

Posts: 397 | Location: New York City | Registered: May 03, 2007Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Thank you Clif.

If anyone can offer any recommendations on either of the two issues above I'm all ears, I can't move to insert/update due to the size of what I'm moving, and I'd very much like to capture all log rows.