Focal Point
Running ETL Jobs

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/1381057331/m/4921077331

February 24, 2004, 01:30 AM
andrew w
Running ETL Jobs
Hello,

We're using iWay ETL 5.1.2 to extract data from DB2/400 (to create FOCUS databases for a WebFOCUS installation).

We use ETL Manager to create and schedule the ETL jobs and the ETL console to (occasionally) monitor the ETL server.

My question is... can the console be used to run an existing ETL job? For example, if the ETL Manager was unavailable due to a hardware issue, could the console be used as a backup?

Thanks

Andrew W
February 24, 2004, 04:04 PM
Jake Freivald
quote:
Originally posted by andrew w:
[qb] We use ETL Manager to create and schedule the ETL jobs and the ETL console to (occasionally) monitor the ETL server.

My question is... can the console be used to run an existing ETL job? For example, if the ETL Manager was unavailable due to a hardware issue, could the console be used as a backup?[/qb]
Andrew, do you mean that the ETL Manager client is unavailable? If so, then you can execute ETL jobs by running the CMRUN focexec. (This is also a way to run ETL jobs from mainframe schedulers, Windows applications, etc.) CMRUN is documented in the ETL Manager manual.

If that's not what you mean, please let me know and we'll figure out the right answer.

Regards,
Jake Freivald
iWay Software