Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  iWay Software Product Forum on Focal Point    [SOLVED] Call a webservice using DM

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[SOLVED] Call a webservice using DM
 Login/Join

posted
Does anyone have an example/tutorial on how to call a web service in Data Migrator?

I'm able to configure an adapter & create synonym for web service but unsure how to use these synonyms in the data flow to call and handle the return information from web service.

Thanks for your suggestion.

Regards,
David Nguyen

This message has been edited. Last edited by: <Kathryn Henning>,

iWay Data Migrator v7704M
Windows, All Outputs

Guru
posted Hide Post
I did a Summit presentation in 2010 on Real Time use of DataMigrator including calling a Web Service. I found it here Data Migrator 7.7 in Real Time. You may find it helpful.

N/A

Posts: 397 | Location: New York City | Registered: May 03, 2007Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Clif,
Thanks a lot for your suggestion. The example really helps me to get started.
In my case, I need to query a SQL Server, format the output to XML then pass this XML to a web service. The web service will returns result as XML as well.
I intend to:
1. Create a DBMS SQL flow to query output to XML
2. Create a data flow to pass the XML to web service. I'm still unclear on how to do this 2nd step & still playing with the data flow.

Do you think this is a good approach? Thank you.

Windows, All Outputs

Guru
posted Hide Post
It does sound a bit roundabout. Does your web service takes an entire xml document as an input parameter? If so then create a synonym with a single A32767V or TX field to describe the xml file you created and join to it.

N/A

posted Hide Post
Clif,
Thank you so much for your advice. My webservice takes entire xml document as an input. Following your suggestion:

I'm not sure how to create the flat file synonym and add data to flat file manually. So I create a DBMS SQL flow that output to a flat file. Then I edit the synonym field to TEXT and paste my real XML data to the data file.

After that, I create the data flow to join the flat file and web service. After running, the returned message from webservice said that

"Processor Deserialize/Process Document failed.
EXCEPTION details:
Parameter name: s
Source: mscorlib
Stack: at System.IO.StringReader..ctor(String s)"

Please view the screenshot here:
https://docs.google.com/docume...1cQ/edit?usp=sharing

Do you think my input file has problem?

Windows, All Outputs

Guru
posted Hide Post
It does look like the XML is getting passed properly to the WS.

When creating a synonym for XML and related data types and a length isn't available it defaults to 30 which you can edit.

It looks like you are building your data flow ok, the only thing I would change is data types and lengths of the two fields in the "join" so that they match.

If that doesn't help please open a hottrack case and upload the synonyms, a sample xml document, and if it's a public web service the URL.

N/A

posted Hide Post
Clif,
I figure out that the web service required login credential inside the XML itself. My flow works OK now.
Thanks for taking time reviewing the issue. I really appreciate it.

Regards,
David Nguyen

Windows, All Outputs