Focal Point
Dear Data Migrator Programming Team,

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/1381057331/m/4967063816

March 28, 2012, 12:26 PM
John_Edwards
Dear Data Migrator Programming Team,
I transform COBOL data sets that have hundreds of fields embedded in them. I move hundreds of fields at a time, and often have to reorder them in the output tables for the obvious reasons.

1. Please give me a function in Data Migrator that allows me to hold down the green "Move Up One" arrow and "Move Down One" arrow for moving fields in a list to and get a repeating click; or

2. Please give me a "Move Up Ten" arrow and a "Move Down Ten" arrow on either side of the two current Move arrows.

I transform COBOL. It's not my fault. They make me do this. Please ease my pain.

J.

March 29, 2012, 02:38 PM
Clif
The best way to request a new feature is to open a hottrack case and request it.

For now, here are some suggestions that may ease your pain a bit.

In the target object once you have selected one or more transformations you can right click and select Copy and Delete; then scroll to where you want them and click paste.

In the SQL object click OK to close it, the right click and select SQL Statement. That opens a text editor where you copy/paste as needed. Just remember that each line in the SELECT ends with a comma (before any comment) except for the last one before FROM.

N/A