Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  iWay Software Product Forum on Focal Point    [CLOSED] Getting multiple dates from CURRENT_DATE() in Data Migrator

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[CLOSED] Getting multiple dates from CURRENT_DATE() in Data Migrator
 Login/Join

posted
Hello Every one, I am having trouble figuring out the equivalent code for below scenario.

I am trying to convert CURRENT_DATE() to 2 digit month but its notworking. I used EXTRACT(MONTH FROM CURRENT_DATE()), and also used MONTH(CURRENT_DATE()) but both the functions giving only single digit month.

If I get the double digit month, i can concatenate YYYY||Q||MM and convert it to number using TO_NUMBER.

Let me know if there is a better way to get the below values from CURRENT_DATE()

I need below values from CURRENT_DATE() in the format of YYYYQMM as integer (EX: 2020204, 2020205,2020206,2020307 ..etc)

1) PREVIOUS_MONTH = Previous month (EX: 2020204)
2) CURRENT_MONTH = Current Month (EX: 2020205)
3) Next_YEAR_END = Next year end (EX: 2021412)
4) CURRENT_YEAR_BEGIN = Current Year Begin (EX: 2020101)
5) CURRENT_YEAR_END = current Year End (EX: 2020412)

My DM Flow generated SQL is below:

SELECT
MAX(FM.CURRENT_MONTH_ID ) AS Current_ID ,
CURRENT_DATE() AS "CURRENT_DATE" ,
EXTRACT(MONTH FROM CURRENT_DATE() ) AS Current_MONTH ,
MONTH(CURRENT_DATE() ) AS Current_Month_2 ,
YEAR(CURRENT_DATE() ) AS CURRENT_YEAR ,
QUARTER(CURRENT_DATE() ) AS Current_Quarter
FROM
factmanufacture FM

Please help me with the code.

Thanks a lot,
Anisha

This message has been edited. Last edited by: FP Mod Chuck,

Data Migrator 8206

posted Hide Post
I Figured out all the data fields except previous month.

I tried using the DATEADD, DATEMOV functions to get the Previous month First Day or Previous Month Last day as I just want the Previous Year, Quarter and month numbers.

DATEMOV(CURRENT_DATE(), 'BOM') -1

When validating its not giving any exceptions/message, but when i click the "Test SQL Statement" getting the error saying below statement

(FOC14155) AN EQUALITY CONDITION IS REQUIRED FOR SUB-QUERY IN SELECT LIST

Getting same error when trying to use the DATEADD function

I am trying to get the the previous month in a Data Flow SQL.

I am able to get the previous month in the Data Transform but not able to get the two digit month. Help me a way to get the two digit month.

Thanks,
Anisha.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: AJillu,

Data Migrator 8206

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Ajillu

Since no one has been able to provide you any help I suggest you open a case with techsupport.

Thank you for using Focal Point!

Chuck Wolff - Focal Point Moderator
WebFOCUS 7x and 8x, Windows, Linux All output Formats

Posts: 2127 | Location: Customer Support | Registered: April 12, 2005Report This Post
Guru
posted Hide Post
IIUC you want the first and last days of the previous month. You can do that with:
 DTRUNC(CURRENT_DATE()- 1 MONTH , MONTH) 
DTRUNC(CURRENT_DATE()- 1 MONTH , MONTH_END) 

N/A

Posts: 397 | Location: New York City | Registered: May 03, 2007Report This Post