Focal Point
[CLOSED] DMC Flow Report is incorrect.

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/1381057331/m/5017017976

December 09, 2015, 12:17 PM
John_Edwards
[CLOSED] DMC Flow Report is incorrect.
This is for version M728008D 32 bit.

The flow report is incorrect for Source Transformations.

I have a source transformation that should read

This_Month/A7=EDIT( '&YYMD', '9999-99' )

Instead, it reads

This_Month/A7=EDIT( '&YYMD', '9999-9 ' )                                                                              &n bsp;                                                                                    &n bsp;                                                                                    &n bsp;  

The non-breaking spaces are annoying, but I can live with that. What is more interesting is that the last 9 in the EDIT function is dropped. I have a requirement to generate my reports for walkthroughs directly from the toolset and I have to explain that I am hand-editing so that they match the actual code. This wasn't popular.

What an odd problem. How on Earth is it dropping a character in the middle of the string?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Tamra,

December 09, 2015, 05:46 PM
Clif
Looks to me like the last nine also gets dropped when viewing Source Transformations in a source object, even though it appears when opened in the calculator. But it doesn't effect test or running since the correct value is saved.

Thanks for the report. It's a bug and will be fixed in the next release. If you need a fix for this sooner you could open a hottrack case and request it.

N/A