Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  iWay Software Product Forum on Focal Point    Selecting MultiValue fields in UniVerse

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
Selecting MultiValue fields in UniVerse
 Login/Join

posted
We are using iDM 764 and UniVerse adapter to connect to UniVerse database. I generated a synonym for a table which has multivalued fields. When I retrieve the sample data for the synonym I am not seeing any data for the mutlivalued columns. Is there any configuration in the master file/synonym I need to do to extract multivalue field data?

EDASPROF has the following-
ENGINE SQLUV SET CONNECTION_ATTRIBUTES UnivDev...
ENGINE SQLUV SET OPENMODE NNF

iSM 616
iDM 7705
iDQC 802
WF 77
Windows 2008 Server

Guru
posted Hide Post
According to the R764 doco:
The OPENMODE NNF setting determines how tables with multivalued columns are treated.
For the Adapter for Universe to function properly, OPENMODE must be set to NNF in
edasprof.prf.

Since you already have that, have you tried creating a simple procedure to read the table rather than using the 'Sample Data' option? With some types of data I have seen the Sample Data option not work.

ttfn, kp

Access to most releases from R52x, on multiple platforms.

Posts: 346 | Location: Melbourne Australia | Registered: April 15, 2003Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Using "Sample Data" wizard and a procedure which has a UV SQL I am able to fetch the data in all the columns in the table except the multivalued columns.

Is there a technique to fetch the data in multi-valued columns other than setting the OPENMODE to NNF?

iSM 616
iDM 7705
iDQC 802
WF 77
Windows 2008 Server

Guru
posted Hide Post
I'm using the default settings for the UniVerse connector. And I'm always getting all multivalued fields. Even the CO fields are created in masterfiles.

Within UniVerse you can setup witch table's and columns are accesible. You should check this.

Test: WF 8.2
Prod: WF 8.2
DB: Progress, REST, IBM UniVerse/UniData, SQLServer, MySQL, PostgreSQL, Oracle, Greenplum, Athena.

Posts: 454 | Location: Europe | Registered: February 05, 2007Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
Nice to see someone else out there that uses a multivalue database.

Does anyone know if this adapter works with Raining Data D3?

If it does is there documentation on this especially about defining multivalues?

How do you define the pick master dictionary to define the file?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: jammer,

Webfocus 7.6.4
Windows 2003 Server, SQL Server 2005
Excel, HTML , JavaScript ,and PDF.
Reportcaster, BID, Tomcat

Expert
posted Hide Post
I set something up years ago, and read multi values. From memory it reads them as records, similar to an OCCURS in a master.

Waz...

Prod:WebFOCUS 7.6.10/8.1.04Upgrade:WebFOCUS 8.2.07OS:LinuxOutputs:HTML, PDF, Excel, PPT
In Focus since 1984
Pity the lost knowledge of an old programmer!

Posts: 6347 | Location: 33°49'23.0"S, 151°11'41.0"E | Registered: October 31, 2006Report This Post
posted Hide Post
I got the UniVerse adapter configuration to work. I came to know that the UniVerse DBA has setup the multi-valued column in table#1 as a seperate table so that this data can be accessed by ODBC clients. UniVerse adapter uses the ODBC client to talk to the database. Once I knew the name of this table, I was able to create a synonym and fetch the data.

One lesson learned here is UniVerse supports wild characters like "*", "-" in their table names. So if a table in UniVerse is called "Customer-Data*345", the ODBC layer translates it to "Customer_Data_345". So when creating a synonym we have to use to ODBC name not the native UniVerse table name.

iSM 616
iDM 7705
iDQC 802
WF 77
Windows 2008 Server

Guru
posted Hide Post
The name of the table doesn't depend on Universe, it depends on how the dictionary's (DICT) in Universe are created by your DBA.

The special charachters are removed because it causes problems in SQL statements.

One thing to keep in mind: you can't sort on multivalued fields.

Test: WF 8.2
Prod: WF 8.2
DB: Progress, REST, IBM UniVerse/UniData, SQLServer, MySQL, PostgreSQL, Oracle, Greenplum, Athena.

Posts: 454 | Location: Europe | Registered: February 05, 2007Report This Post