Focal Point Banner
Community Center Education Summit Technical Support User Groups
Let's Get Social!

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn YouTube
Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  iWay Software Product Forum on Focal Point    StoreProc. Target error out - Communication error
Go
New
Search
Notify
Tools

StoreProc. Target error out - Communication error
 Login/Join

Platinum Member
posted
Hello,

I am call the oracle store procedure which will have some business rules and update the table.
When try to test my synonym (needs to pass the value as a input to the store procedure requires the input), it works fine and actually I am getting desire output, like inserted the data in my oracle table.
But same thing Trying to use the store procedure as a target. It errors out saying communication error.
Anybody had this issue and how did you resolved.

Thanks in advance.

DM- 7.6.2. WF - 7.6.2.
OS - WIN2003K.

WF 7.6.2/ OS WIN2003.
DM 7.6.2

Posts: 103 | Registered: September 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just to be clear, you are using a synonym for a stored procedure as the target in a data migrator flow?

If so take a look at this link, it states using a stored procedure as a target is not supported but there is a possible workaround.

http://techsupport.informationbuilders.com/sps/41842556.html

Perhaps if you open a case with IBI they can submit the problem as a new feature.

Posts: 12 | Location: New Yawk | Registered: February 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post