Focal Point
[SOLVED] Let's Talk Data Quality Suite

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/1381057331/m/5377059776

August 20, 2015, 02:49 PM
John_Edwards
[SOLVED] Let's Talk Data Quality Suite
Thought I'd open a discussion to people new to DQS. I've been through the course 980 materials and I'm working the tutorial in the DQS install right now.

I'm stumbling though, because I don't see an example of drawing data from a database. The demo material all works off of flat files. I see an example using the JDBC connection in the tutorial (and I understand the selection process once I have the database connection) but here's the thing -- I want to read data from SQL*Server, and my I-Way install have half a dozen connections the databases at my location.

How do I connect to an I-Way connection in DQS?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: <Kathryn Henning>,

August 21, 2015, 09:09 AM
CraigSanders
John, you can't use an existing iSM connection in DQS or MDS. You will need a separate connection in DQS.

If you have specific questions about database connections in DQS/MDS please let me know.

sincerely,
Craig Sanders
Integrity Solutions Product Manager - DQS/MDS

all things iWay
August 21, 2015, 09:26 AM
John_Edwards
Lucius McInnis in the DC branch got me set up creating a connection to SQL*Server via JDBC. It looks like I just need to plan to make all connections via JDBC.

I followed his cheat sheet for it and made my connection just fine, even played with some data to make sure I had the whole thing working. But -- I exited DQS and returned to it, and my connection disappeared. The configuration did not get permanently saved in the environment.

That's the next task, which may be a permissions issue on Win2008.

August 21, 2015, 09:42 AM
John_Edwards
Update -- I redid the connection with Lucius in on a webex, did everything the exact same way and this time it saved. The mere presence of Lucius' voice in the room was sufficient to solve the problem.

Information Builders SEs have remarkable healing skills.