Focal Point
Difference between iBSE and JCA iWay

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/1381057331/m/5541078331

June 29, 2005, 01:11 PM
<hansi>
Difference between iBSE and JCA iWay
I am working on iWay adapters. Can someone tell me the difference between iBSE and iWay connector for JCA. All that i see in the application explorer is i can choose between the 2. But, are there any pros/cons while using the 2?
June 29, 2005, 02:38 PM
<Russell Scherwin>
Hansi -

THe difference between JCA and BSE is JCA will allow you to deploy the generated iWay service or event to a J2EE Application Server through JCA. BSE allows you to deploy the service as a SOAP based web service.

The good news is a service created can be reused across either. JCA is a binary binding and unique to J2EE. Web Services are based on XML tree structures and can be consumed universally by web service consumer.

Hope that helps.
June 30, 2005, 05:06 AM
<hansi>
quote:
Originally posted by Russell Scherwin:
[qb] Hansi -

THe difference between JCA and BSE is JCA will allow you to deploy the generated iWay service or event to a J2EE Application Server through JCA. BSE allows you to deploy the service as a SOAP based web service.[/qb]
Question - Now if i have a service developed using JCA, how can i invoke the service in a non-managed env. ?
When you say iBSE, are you saying that the service deployed using iBSE creates a listener? I had read that you can define various listeners(SOAP/TCP/IP etc..) Does that mean that using JCA , i cannot have a listener?

quote:
[qb]
The good news is a service created can be reused across either. JCA is a binary binding and unique to J2EE. Web Services are based on XML tree structures and can be consumed universally by web service consumer.

Hope that helps. .[/qb]
If i have a SAP application, if i have to invoke a BAPI function, do i need to create a BAPI service for each of the BAPIs? Is there a programmatic approach to this, since defining a service through the application explorer becomes a pain. Or is there something i am missing?
August 30, 2007, 10:18 PM
dertown
Hansi

Did you get the JCA working if so do you ahve examples or documentation on how to get it working?