Focal Point
DataMigrator cmrun 64-bit

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/1381057331/m/5627047236

August 09, 2013, 01:53 PM
benicely
DataMigrator cmrun 64-bit
I am attempting to run cmrun.exe on a 64-bit Windows machine from a 32-bit Windows machine. I understand why this doesn't work. What I'm trying to figure out is how to get the cmrun.exe 32-bit version onto the 64-bit machine when installing DataMigrator.

Does anyone have any tips on how to do this, or maybe how to call the 64-bit exe from a 32-bit machine?

WebFOCUS 7.6
Windows, All Outputs
August 12, 2013, 11:13 AM
Clif
It's not quite clear what you are trying to do.

You can install and run CMRUN on any platform. It's included with the DataMigrator server install, the DMC client install and the iWay client install.

You can use CMRUN to start a DataMigrator flow on the same or any other platform where you have a DataMigrator server. So for example you could use CMRUN on Windows to start a flow on a DM serer running on UNIX. Or you could use CMRUN on an IBM mainframe to start a flow on a DM server running on a Windows system.

On a Windows 32-bit system you would of course need to install the 32-bit version. On a Windows 64-bit system you could install either.

N/A