Focal Point
[CLOSED] Jscom3c Error

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/1381057331/m/5837094096

July 06, 2018, 01:31 PM
Max Nevill
[CLOSED] Jscom3c Error
Hi all.

I have a user who receives the following error when she clicks on Edaservce after loading up the DMC:

"Jscom3c: Component of Server has stopped working" It gives an option to close the program, but if the box is closed through the "X" button it goes away and the software seems to work.

What is going on and can it be fixed?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: FP Mod Chuck,

WebFocus 8.104
Windows 7 Entreprise, SP1
July 06, 2018, 04:59 PM
FP Mod Chuck
Max

Look at the edaprint.log for the server and see if there are any errors about starting jscom3. Sometimes it will say it can't find the JVM..

Thank you for using Focal Point!

Chuck Wolff - Focal Point Moderator
WebFOCUS 7x and 8x, Windows, Linux All output Formats
July 09, 2018, 06:27 PM
Max Nevill
Hi Chuck,

No luck. I don't have the error with the DMC myself, and I watched her load the program, noted the time and checked the edaprint. There is no log of the error in the file.

When I searched edaprint, I found references to jscom3 and JVM, but they are months old. No other user is having the same problem she is.

Thanks,

Max

WebFocus 8.104
July 12, 2018, 04:51 PM
FP Mod Chuck
Max

Sorry I missed seeing your reply. Do you know what this one user is running? Can you run the same program without error?

July 13, 2018, 12:35 PM
Max Nevill
Hi Chuck,

She's running Gen 858 release 81m 32bit VC11. I wonder if it's a mismatch between user and server? I and other users have Gen 833, 81M 32Bit.

-Max

WebFocus 8.104
July 19, 2018, 05:15 PM
FP Mod Chuck
Max

I have been out of vacation this week. That is possible you may want to open a case on this