Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[CLOSED] Jscom3c Error
 Login/Join

Gold member
posted
Hi all.

I have a user who receives the following error when she clicks on Edaservce after loading up the DMC:

"Jscom3c: Component of Server has stopped working" It gives an option to close the program, but if the box is closed through the "X" button it goes away and the software seems to work.

What is going on and can it be fixed?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: FP Mod Chuck,

WebFocus 8.104
Windows 7 Entreprise, SP1

Posts: 82 | Location: Abbotsford BC | Registered: March 15, 2010Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Max

Look at the edaprint.log for the server and see if there are any errors about starting jscom3. Sometimes it will say it can't find the JVM..

Thank you for using Focal Point!

Chuck Wolff - Focal Point Moderator
WebFOCUS 7x and 8x, Windows, Linux All output Formats

Posts: 2127 | Location: Customer Support | Registered: April 12, 2005Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
Hi Chuck,

No luck. I don't have the error with the DMC myself, and I watched her load the program, noted the time and checked the edaprint. There is no log of the error in the file.

When I searched edaprint, I found references to jscom3 and JVM, but they are months old. No other user is having the same problem she is.

Thanks,

Max

WebFocus 8.104

Posts: 82 | Location: Abbotsford BC | Registered: March 15, 2010Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Max

Sorry I missed seeing your reply. Do you know what this one user is running? Can you run the same program without error?

Posts: 2127 | Location: Customer Support | Registered: April 12, 2005Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
Hi Chuck,

She's running Gen 858 release 81m 32bit VC11. I wonder if it's a mismatch between user and server? I and other users have Gen 833, 81M 32Bit.

-Max

WebFocus 8.104

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Max

I have been out of vacation this week. That is possible you may want to open a case on this