Focal Point
Loading Red Brick Databases

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/1381057331/m/5871087331

July 02, 2004, 06:03 AM
andrew w
Loading Red Brick Databases
G'Day,

We're using iWay ETL 5.1.2 (with the view to upgrade soon), extracting from DB2/400 to FOCUS files.

I have been asked whether or not our current installation (or later releases) of iWay ETL can be used to load Red Brick databases.

iWay documentation would suggest the answer is "no" as Red Brick is not listed as a possible target type. However, before passing this answer on I would appreciate any thoughts anyone might have on the subject.

Thanks in advance

Andrew W

[Jake edited the post to change the subject at Andrew's request.]
July 06, 2004, 10:38 PM
Jake Freivald
quote:
Originally posted by andrew w:
[qb] I have been asked whether or not our current installation (or later releases) of iWay ETL can be used to load Red Brick databases.

iWay documentation would suggest the answer is "no" as Red Brick is not listed as a possible target type. However, before passing this answer on I would appreciate any thoughts anyone might have on the subject.

[/qb]
Andrew,

You're correct that we don't support Red Brick as a target in 5.1. We started supporting it in 5.2, and it is part of the 5.3 release as well.

The impending 5.3 release is excellent, with a new GUI and other good stuff. It's just about to go production; if you're interested in being a close-to-production beta customer, contact your local reps and we'll get Debbie Weinstein (product manager) involved in getting you a copy to try out.

Regards,
Jake
July 08, 2004, 11:16 PM
andrew w
Thanks Jake,

I'll have a chat with our local reps.

Regards

Andrew W