Focal Point
Difference between DMC and iWay Service Manager

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/1381057331/m/590104911

May 18, 2009, 02:09 PM
<Satya>
Difference between DMC and iWay Service Manager
Hi all,
Firstly, I am new to both webFocus and iWay world, please forgive any ignorance. I am following the documents provided by the information builders. But i have a doubt.

As in webfocus we have DMC(Data Management Console) for doing ETL but i am not getting what is the use of iway Service Manager.

What is the use of iWay service manager in WebFocus, are they dependent on each other and what are all the scenario to use it.

Any assistance will be appreciated.
May 22, 2009, 03:30 PM
Kerry
Hi Satya,

Here is some basic to start with: the general idea of iWay is to provide integration, either between applications or business (see the iWay website). The core product allowing this is iWay Service Manager. This server allows you via multiple supported protocols (File, email, ftp, MQ,…), to “hook up” a host of Adapters (Application or Business).

I will contact our Education people to see if there are any classes that may be of interest to you.

From the Sales Department ((866) 297-4929) you will probably get valuable information on real life situations and business scenarios supported by the iWay solution.

Cheers,

Kerry

Kerry Zhan
Focal Point Moderator
Information Builders, Inc.
June 02, 2009, 10:28 AM
<Satya>
Hi Kerry,

Thanks for the reply.
Right now I am going through some document. If you can help me out to arrange some classes on iWay then it will be good for me.

Cheers,
Satya
June 02, 2009, 10:46 AM
Kerry
Hi Satya,

Glad to hear from you again. I am checking with Education division for suggestions. In the mean time, can you please advise if it is okay to give your contact info to them so that they can contact you for classes?

Thank you.

Kerry

Kerry Zhan
Focal Point Moderator
June 02, 2009, 02:24 PM
Kerry
Hi Satya,

I just sent a private message to you regarding the classes/training available. Please check your private message box and let me know.

Cheers,

Kerry

Kerry Zhan
Focal Point Moderator