Focal Point
[SOLVED] DQS Representative Creator

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/1381057331/m/5937094886

November 30, 2017, 08:29 AM
CanMan
[SOLVED] DQS Representative Creator
The online help for the Representative Creator is rather sparse. I am trying to use it with output from Extended Unification. I started with tutorial 09 match and merge. My question has to do with the Selection Rules. I have found some records in the input group missing certain key attributes, so I added a selection rule with the acceptance condition for those attributes set to is not null. However, it seems this acceptance condition is not working since the merge output still contains representatives missing the key attributes. Does anyone know how the selection rules are supposed to work? A fully configured documented sample of this step would go a long way towards making it more user-friendly.

Thanks

This message has been edited. Last edited by: FP Mod Chuck,

iWay Service Manager 7.07
iWay Data Quality Server
December 06, 2017, 07:00 AM
Jikku.Jacob
Hi CanMan,
selection rules work like an "order by" in SQL. for example: if you use following three selection rules

1)Meta_last_updates Descending
2)sco_name Ascending
3)sco_instance Ascending

and one acceptance condition i.e. name is not null

the result will be equivalent to the following statement in SQL

Select Top 1 name from xxx
Where name is not null -- Acceptance Condition limit the results
Order by Meta_last_updates desc, sco_name asc, sco_instance asc --Selection rules sort the results

In other words your latest name value from the group will be selected for the golden record.

Hope this helps.
regards,
Jikku

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Jikku.Jacob,

WebFOCUS 8
Windows, All Outputs
December 08, 2017, 10:26 AM
FP Mod Chuck
I want to welcome both of you to Focal Point. Jikku I really think it is fantastic for your first post to be answering another newbee's question. That is what this forum is all about!

Thank you for using Focal Point!

Chuck Wolff - Focal Point Moderator
WebFOCUS 7x and 8x, Windows, Linux All output Formats
December 11, 2017, 10:29 AM
CanMan
Jikku,

Thanks for the reply to my question. I'll try to incorporate it into my testing.

iWay Service Manager 7.07
iWay Data Quality Server
December 13, 2017, 01:49 PM
FP Mod Chuck
Jikku

You definitely aren't a newbie anymore in my mind. 3 years is a lot of experience...

You can post techniques using [SHARING] in your title to brag about how you have solved difficult scenario's to help others and generate more DQS threads

Thank you for using Focal Point!

Chuck Wolff - Focal Point Moderator
WebFOCUS 7x and 8x, Windows, Linux All output Formats