Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  iWay Software Product Forum on Focal Point    [SOLVED] DM Error Codes Reference

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[SOLVED] DM Error Codes Reference
 Login/Join

Guru
posted
Hello gurus,
I'm wondering if there is a page or list of all Data Migrator (ETL specific) Error Codes (eg; FOC1773 etc.,) handy., We could do a ?1773 but a customer wanted a list of all errors and descriptions as a reference. I looked at the PDF couldnt find any page for "list of all error codes"

Please let me know.

Thanks!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Tamra,

Sandbox: 8206.10
Dev: 8201M
Prod:8009

Posts: 289 | Location: Houston,TX | Registered: June 11, 2004Report This Post
Guru
posted Hide Post
You can find a summary of the most common error messages in the "iWay DataMigrator User's Guide" in Appendix C. Problems, Errors, and Troubleshooting.

A list of all possible would entail every iWay or FOCUS error message. As it states there:

The iWay Messages and Codes Manual and online help document contains a list of all
message numbers with a corresponding an explanation.

That's a little hard to find and it hasn't been updated in a while. But if you go to our support site and click on Technical Content Libary and expand WebFOCUS scroll down to 7.7.x and click the link for 7.7.05, 7.7.03, and 7.7.02. Then expand Release 7.7.03 and scroll down to References you'll see iWay Messages and Codes Manual V7.11. There you can find the message grouped by type and numeric range.

Alternatively you can find the message files on your server. The default location depends on the server, for example on Windows go to C:\ibi\srv77\home\nls and look for the filenames without a language code for English.

N/A

Posts: 397 | Location: New York City | Registered: May 03, 2007Report This Post
Guru
posted Hide Post
Thank you Cliff,
Its a bit strange that I'm not able to find the descriptiosn for return codes we commonly get
eg; 1773 - FAST LOAD OPERATION FAILED etc.,
18708 for no records found

Any ideas?

Sandbox: 8206.10
Dev: 8201M
Prod:8009

Posts: 289 | Location: Houston,TX | Registered: June 11, 2004Report This Post
Guru
posted Hide Post
18708 is our most popular message number and it does mean no rows processed. It's mentioned only in passing in iWay Messages and Codes or the DataMigrator User's Guide. I'll make sure it's added to Appendix C.

1733 on the other hand looks like it might be a database message number, perhaps from Teradata if you meant FASTLOAD. For database error messages which we echo to the log you need to look a the database vendor's documentation.

When I said the manual hadn't been updated in a while I was understating the case. You'd be better of using ? 18708 or looking at the error files as I mentioned. Perhaps it would be easier if they were in a file? You could try this:

TABLE FILE SYSERR
PRINT ERRTEXT ERRLINE1 ERRLINE2 ERRLINE3 ERRLINE4 
END

N/A

Posts: 397 | Location: New York City | Registered: May 03, 2007Report This Post