I am an iWay person who has recently started working with DM. I am developing an interface for the client currently and want to know if following is possible.
(1) I am creating a flat file (fixed column width) from oracle source. The flat file would have a header and details records in it. The header is a set of constant valued columns. I have defined the fields for this segment, but not sure how to provide the constant values.
(2) I have a complex SQL with inner and outer join to get me data from oracle. I need to get the row count (like count(*)) from this query as well. Thus I would know how many detail records were polled from Oracle. Is there any functionality in DM to do that or it needs to be part of the SQL?
(3) Can DM have sequence number generated for each data flow execution? Can this is be stored and used as a part of the target filename ?
Thanks much for all your help in advance :-)
Welcome to DataMigrator!
(1) Pleae provide an example of your flat file target.
(2) At design time see the count of rows that would be returned by a left or right outer join of two tables in 7.7.02 in the Join Editor there is now a "Join Analysis" button. It gives you a report of the number of rows and unique rows that the join would return.
(3) The target table name can indeed be a global variable, but to include the number of runs would currently require a stored procedure to keep track of that.
|Powered by Social Strata|