Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  iWay Software Product Forum on Focal Point    Datamigrator Developer Questions :-)

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
Datamigrator Developer Questions :-)
 Login/Join

posted
Hi,

I am an iWay person who has recently started working with DM. I am developing an interface for the client currently and want to know if following is possible.

(1) I am creating a flat file (fixed column width) from oracle source. The flat file would have a header and details records in it. The header is a set of constant valued columns. I have defined the fields for this segment, but not sure how to provide the constant values.

(2) I have a complex SQL with inner and outer join to get me data from oracle. I need to get the row count (like count(*)) from this query as well. Thus I would know how many detail records were polled from Oracle. Is there any functionality in DM to do that or it needs to be part of the SQL?

(3) Can DM have sequence number generated for each data flow execution? Can this is be stored and used as a part of the target filename ?

Thanks much for all your help in advance :-)

Guru
posted Hide Post
Welcome to DataMigrator!

(1) Pleae provide an example of your flat file target.

(2) At design time see the count of rows that would be returned by a left or right outer join of two tables in 7.7.02 in the Join Editor there is now a "Join Analysis" button. It gives you a report of the number of rows and unique rows that the join would return.

(3) The target table name can indeed be a global variable, but to include the number of runs would currently require a stored procedure to keep track of that.

N/A

Posts: 397 | Location: New York City | Registered: May 03, 2007Report This Post