Focal Point
Using statistical variables in the Data flow to load a log table

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/1381057331/m/6257066436

November 13, 2013, 06:28 AM
Balaji
Using statistical variables in the Data flow to load a log table
Hi All,
I am new to Iway and I need to know some information about the statistical variables (like &ACCEPTS, &DELETD,&DUPLS). My requirement is to have a log table with columns like Source Database name, Target Database name, Source table name, target table name, No of rows inserted, No of rows rejected, No of rows deleted, No of rows updated, flow start time and end time. From the data migrator help I came to know that such statistical variables will be useful for this requirement. How to use such variable in my data flow or is there any other way to get such information. Kindly help me with the solutions to achieve this.

Thanks,
Balaji
November 13, 2013, 03:39 PM
Clif
When you Submit or Schedule a DataMigrator flow the statistical variables are written to DataMigrator's statistics table ETLSTATS when the flow completes. See DataMigrator User's Guide Appendix A for details.

N/A
November 14, 2013, 06:36 AM
Balaji
Clif,

Thank you. That was really helpful.
November 21, 2013, 04:50 AM
Balaji
Clif,

I tried recreating the log and statistical tables using the recreate option under Workspace->configuration Monitor ->Logs and traces -> DataMigrator Logs and Statistics -> Recreate.

ETLSTATS table is now created with only three columns S_REQ_Name, S_REQ_ID,S_APP_NAME.

How do I create the ETLSTATS table now with all the statistical variables?

Thanks,
Balaji
November 22, 2013, 10:31 AM
Clif
It's possible that there is a etlstats.mas in your app path. Please run the command
WHENCE ETLSTATS MASTER
This will show you where the synonym you are using resides. It should be in the home\catalog directory for your release of the server.

From the menu options it looks like you are using an old version of DataMigrator. What release are you using? Please use the current production Release 7.7.05M.

N/A