Focal Point
(FOC14006) - Data Migrator

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/1381057331/m/626107991

August 04, 2009, 03:32 PM
T.Peters
(FOC14006) - Data Migrator
Can anyone enlighten me to what this error is about? I am trying to join natural keys from two files that have the same format and I'm getting this error. When I go to another SQL editor, I can successfully do this join, but when going through DM, I run into problems.

Any clarification?

WebFOCUS: 7702
O/S : Windows
Data Migrator: 7702
August 05, 2009, 09:58 AM
Clif
For more information about a FOC, ICM or other error number right click on the server name, select Test Server, clic the Focus radio button, type (for example)
? 14006
and press Test. The explanation appears in the log window. Unfortunately in this case what appears is:

(FOC14006) SQL TRANSLATOR ERROR %1 %2
SQL Translator internal error.

Which doesn't tell you much. It may be that the *previous* error number would give you more information.

Otherwise to diagnose further we'd need to see the SQL select statement.

If you open a hottrack case please upload source and target synonyms (mas & acx files) and the data flow (fex & etg files).

N/A
August 05, 2009, 12:20 PM
T.Peters
Yeah, that was why I was asking, because it was awfully cryptic. I went to the console and did that and didn't understand what in the world it was telling me was wrong.

Consequently, I have found a way to make this work, so I'm not having the problem anymore.

WebFOCUS: 7702
O/S : Windows
Data Migrator: 7702