Focal Point Banner
Community Center Education Summit Technical Support User Groups
Let's Get Social!

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn YouTube
Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  iWay Software Product Forum on Focal Point    [SOLVED] Get a Column out of Dataflow and use the column in process flow[SOLVED]
Go
New
Search
Notify
Tools

[SOLVED] Get a Column out of Dataflow and use the column in process flow[SOLVED]
 Login/Join

Platinum Member
posted
Hi,

I have a data flow which loads data from a csv file to a target SQL table.
I have the data flow placed in a process flow and for logging the flow details to another sql table,i need to use a column value from the data flow in process flow procedures i have.
How can i get column value from the data flow?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: FP Mod Chuck,

WF8202M,Windows 7,8,10
HTM,PDF,EXCEL

Posts: 134 | Location: MI | Registered: September 13, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Srajeevan

I just wanted to make you aware if you click on the data flow canvas a properties that includes Record Logging will appear. You can choose All Transactions which will create a flat file of all columns used in the data flow. Otherwise the only way I can see to accomplish logging to a sql table is by creating another data flow with that table as the target.

Thank you for using Focal Point!

Chuck Wolff - Focal Point Moderator
WebFOCUS 7x and 8x, Windows, Linux All output Formats

Posts: 1201 | Location: Customer Support | Registered: April 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Hi Chuck,

Thanks for the workarounds.
You have answered my similar question and i am gonna try that solution.
SO i will close this questions as Solved.

WF8202M,Windows 7,8,10
HTM,PDF,EXCEL

Posts: 134 | Location: MI | Registered: September 13, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post