Focal Point
[SOLVED] IIT - Transforms to populate data from XML to CSV

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/1381057331/m/6347049386

September 19, 2016, 04:22 PM
Sat
[SOLVED] IIT - Transforms to populate data from XML to CSV
Hello

I have created Transform to convert data from XML to CSV. Mapped the input file XML and the output CSV file. But when I run my process flow it's not copying the data from xml to csv file. All the fields are coming as blank except one field that I have hardcoded in the output.
Any suggestion what I am doing wrong...

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Tamra,

IIT 7.05
September 26, 2016, 01:39 PM
Tamra
Sat,

Can you please open a case at Technical Support Center

Select - Case Management in the right panel.

Please provide any logs / code that will help clarify what you are trying to do.

Thank you for participating in the Focal Point Forum.

Kind Regards,
Tamra Colangelo
IBI Focal Point Moderator

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Tamra,

WebFOCUS 8x - BI Portal, Developer Studio, App Studio, Excel, PDF, Active Formats and HTML5
September 30, 2016, 11:10 AM
Tamra
The following is a response from the iWay group:

When the transformation is created, the mapped data is used only for test purposes of the transformation itself (within the iIT Transformer). Such, when you do a test run on the transform, your input values from the document you provided as data are being used and most likely when you do a test run of the transform itself, you get the proper response. Please confirm such as it would be the first step.

When you put the transformation into a process flow (pflow), the data which you used in the transform is not available and is not used at runtime of the pflow for tests. Only the structure of the input & output of the transformation is used. The pflow assumes that the data for the transformation execution within it is coming from a source data as part of the bigger process. When you test run the pflow you should use actual data which is expected by your transformation and not just a default test document.
Try the following:
* Test Run your transform stand alone from the transformation workbench. This should result in proper output using your sample input
* Put your transform into the simple pflow (START - TRANSFORM - END)
* Test run your pflow using the same input document which you used in the transformation (or similar document which would be understood by your transform).

You can navigate to the document you want to use for testrun during the wizard for pflow testrun.
* Now you can expand your pflow to include other objects.

Let us know if this answers your question.

Thank your for participating in the Focal Point Forum,
Tamra Colangelo
Focal Point Moderator
Information Builders

WebFOCUS 8x - BI Portal, Developer Studio, App Studio, Excel, PDF, Active Formats and HTML5