Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
Capturing error message
 Login/Join

posted
Hi All,

Is there a way to capture error messages to a variable or is there any predefined error message variables in iWay data management console?

WebFOCUS 7.7, iWay Data Migrator, Windows
Excel, PDF, HTML

Expert
posted Hide Post
Hi Ramanathan,

From our iWay people: The error code can be captured in &FOCERRNUM. Please try and see if it helps.

Cheers,

Kerry

Kerry Zhan
Focal Point Moderator
Information Builders, Inc.

Posts: 1948 | Location: New York | Registered: November 16, 2004Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kerry:
Hi Ramanathan,

From our iWay people: The error code can be captured in &FOCERRNUM. Please try and see if it helps.

Cheers,

Kerry

Hi Kerry,

Thanks for your reply.

I tried this already, it captures only the error number and not the error description.

Please let me know how to capture the whole error description.

Thanks

Ramanathan

WebFOCUS 7.7, iWay Data Migrator, Windows
Excel, PDF, HTML

Guru
posted Hide Post
I can't think of any way to do that at run time, but after a data flow you submitted has completed you could retrieve the message(s) from the log. Change the WHERE condition as needed.

-DEFAULT &MSGCODE=''
-DEFAULT &MESSAGE=''
SQL
SELECT 
   T1.MSGCODE ,  
   T1.MESSAGE  
FROM 
   etllog T1  
 WHERE   
  T1.REQ_NAME = '&FLOW' AND 
  T1.MSGCODE = '(FOC'  || CHAR(&ERRNUM )  || ')'  ;
TABLE
 ON TABLE HOLD AS MESSAGES FORMAT ALPHA
END
-RUN
-REPEAT :LOOP &LINES TIMES
-READFILE MESSAGES
-TYPE &MSGCODE &MESSAGE
-:LOOP
-CLOSE

N/A

Posts: 397 | Location: New York City | Registered: May 03, 2007Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
Hi Ramanathan,

I found this thread as I was looking to do something similar in a DataMigrator job. I'm sending an email to my ticketing system when a DM job fails so that it will automattically create a work request and I wanted to include the error message in the body of the email.

I was able to make this work by setting a variable using the system function FEXERR, ie. &&ERRMSG = FEXERR(&RET_CODE,'A72').

Its not the full error description that you'd see with '? n' but better than just the error number.

Hope this helps!

WebFOCUS 7.7.2
Win2003
Excel, HTML, PDF