Focal Point Banner
Community Center Education Summit Technical Support User Groups
Let's Get Social!

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn YouTube
Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  iWay Software Product Forum on Focal Point    [SOLVED] qval() quote always returns two single quotes back to back!
Go
New
Search
Notify
Tools

[SOLVED] qval() quote always returns two single quotes back to back!
 Login/Join

posted
I'm using Iway 6.1 and simply attempting to insert a date into an Oracle table from an xml element. I have attempted a simple IFL expression in the User Properties of my SQL execution object...Here it is:

_IF(XPATH(//Date_Of_Birth != '',_concat('TO_DATE(',_qval(XPATH(//Date_of_Birth),'single'),',',_qval('MM/DD/YYYY','single'),')'),null)

(So if the date is not blank enter the string date as a picture formatted date else enter null)

When run, the SQL Statement errors. Looking at the trace I see this:

TO_DATE(''05/15/1974'',''MM/DD/YYYY'')

When it really should be this

TO_DATE('05/15/1974','MM/DD/YYYY')

I've tried various other approaches and none of them seem to work. am I using _qval incorrectly? I've tried without the 'single' keyword, also tried both char and action keywords together _qval(//xpath,'single','null') still everything places two single quotes together instead of one single quote. Can anyone help? Thanks.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Phil DeBusk,

WebFOCUS 7.6
Windows, All Outputs

Posts: 14 | Registered: November 08, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<Kathryn Henning>
posted
Hi Phil,

I consulted with the iWay team on this one. They created a test of the ifl function “_qval()” from the iSM command line using the tool “testfuncs”. It was tested in iSM 6.1.7.

A simple input file “Date.xml” was created with this as content:

06/16/1966

Will you please verify that your function returns the expected value - the date surrounded by single quotes?

If it doesn't, please open a case on InfoResponse Online.

Regards,

Kathryn

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks Kathryn, As it turns out the crux of my problem was in the transform configuration. I needed to set the "Text Qualifier" in the input to parse for double-quotes. This stripped all the messy quotes from my document and allowed all my functions to work as advertised.

WebFOCUS 7.6
Windows, All Outputs

Posts: 14 | Registered: November 08, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post