Focal Point
DataMigrator -- Error: Disconnect (NGH_REMOTE_ERROR)

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/1381057331/m/6637078216

November 14, 2011, 04:36 PM
sarma_433
DataMigrator -- Error: Disconnect (NGH_REMOTE_ERROR)
Hi,

I am getting the following exception while trying to extract data from SAP in DM 7.7.02M,

Error: Disconnect (NGH_REMOTE_ERROR) received from server
SQLCODE IS -1 (HEX: FFFFFFFF)
: Server name is xxx.
SQL OPEN CURSOR ERROR. : SQLIN

It looks like its an issue with size of data (500 bytes * 2.2 M rows), when I try to extract few columns (50 bytes * 2.2 M rows) it is working fine,

So, want to find out how to get rid off this size limitation?, any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Srini

7.6, AIX, all output
November 15, 2011, 10:45 AM
Clif
I checked with the Product Manager for SAP. He suggests the first thing to look for in long running queries or ones that return a large answer set is that the default timeout is exceeded. Normally in SAP the it's 600 seconds. If that's the case check for the existence of file rfc*.trc or dev_rfc.trc. They will provide the SAP event that may have caused the disconnect.

If that's not it please open a hottrack case, start the server with traces, and upload a full savediag package.

N/A
November 16, 2011, 01:14 PM
sarma_433
quote:
the

Hi,

it didn't getnerate any dev_rfc file under SAPSDK folder, and the flow is failing with in few mins only, so its something to do with size of data,

anyways...we've opened a case for the same and we'd be uploading the traces/savediag to case.

Srini

7.6, AIX, all output