Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  iWay Software Product Forum on Focal Point    Data Migrator -- Any way to Print without the doggone E fields?

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
Data Migrator -- Any way to Print without the doggone E fields?
 Login/Join

Virtuoso
posted
Working on Data Migrator with the column references (E01, E02, etc.) is a complete pain in the arse. Does anyone know a way to have it use the actual field names so the source can be printed and reviewed in an understandable way?

J.

Posts: 1012 | Location: At the Mast | Registered: May 17, 2007Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Couple of assumptions I'm making: (a) you are either looking directly into the .FEX with something like NotePad or at the text view of the flow via the GUI and (b) that the .FEX has an associated .ETG that goes along with it. I know what you mean about the E01, E02 that you see in a text view but when you look at the target transforms via the GUI, you see actual field names. I don't know of any way you can make the text view show the real names but open a case with IBI and see what they say. I suspect that it was done that way intentially for cases where the source and the target have the same field name and they needed to differentiate between the two. Sorry I'm not more help.

Data Migrator 5.3, 7.1, 7.6
WebFOCUS 7.1, 7.6, 7.7
SQL Server, Oracle, DB2
Windows

Guru
posted Hide Post
If you "pay no attention to the man behind the curtain" or don't look at the focexec that DM generates then you should never see the Enn columns. They are used internally to distinguish the incoming values from target table.
However DataMigrator does have a way to review and print the flow in an understandable way. Right click on the data flow name and select View Flow report and you'll see the transformations clearly.

N/A

Posts: 397 | Location: New York City | Registered: May 03, 2007Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
That last part was magical. Thanks for the tip!

J.

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Unless there's something wrong (and sometimes not) with the transform at which point you'll get nothing but an error code. This is a problem that very much needs to be fixed for workers to be productive with this tool. Not having access to a readable version of the source code is becoming a real hassle on my current project. Dozens of hours burned.

Update -- apparently the length of the application folder name is part of the problem. Don't use long names for application folders!!!

Also take care using this, as I am finding places where the source transformations do not appear in the report, and long transforms are cropped in both source and destination.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: John_Edwards,

Guru
posted Hide Post
That should be fixed. Please open a hottrack case and upload the fex/etg file for the data flow and the mas/acx files for all sources and targets.

N/A

Posts: 397 | Location: New York City | Registered: May 03, 2007Report This Post