Focal Point
[CLOSED] cannot stop the service for a managed server

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/1381057331/m/6827093176

June 25, 2014, 02:08 PM
Haim
[CLOSED] cannot stop the service for a managed server
We can't stop the service for a managed server. When we click on the stop we get the following windows error in the services pop up box "Windows could not stop the Iway Service Manager 6.2 - osha service on local machine. The service did not return an error. This could be an internal windows error or an internal service error. if the problem persists, contact your system administrator."

After I get the error, windows does show that the service is stopped, however, when I then click on start windows tells me that it's started but the ISM tells me that it is not started. I even rebooted the server, hoping that it will reset anything that was still in memory, that didn’t help either. Is there anybody that experienced this and what is the solution.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Tamra,

IWAY 6.1.1
windows server 2008
June 25, 2014, 02:10 PM
Haim
Sorry I had a typo it is ISM 6.1 not 6.2.

IWAY 6.1.1
windows server 2008
June 26, 2014, 05:28 AM
Srii
It appears that you are having problems starting up a "non-base" managed server.

What is unclear is that, how does the problem appear even after a system restart?!?

Anyway, try following this approach:

Following lines of code is based on an assumption that the name of problematic managed server involved here is "osha".

Launch a command prompt:

Start -> Run -> CMD Prompt [Run it as Admin]
Naviate to iWay_Root/bin
iwsrv.exe osha -s remove
[this command should give you a message that service was removed successfully or something along those words]
Now, run this:
iwsrv.exe osha -s install -c -l iWay61.cmd
[this command should give you a message that service was installed successfully or something along those words]

Come back to Windows Services, choose the service and try to start it up.

-
Srii
July 03, 2014, 04:36 AM
Srii
Haim,

I see that this thread has been closed. I suggest to, please, mention a closure description which may include a response for my suggestion or was only that a fix for your problem or you had to do something else to fix this?

Please understand that this may bbe helpful for otehr members of the community to get a clear picture when they face the same problem and go through this.

-
Srii