Focal Point
[closed] DataMigrator - extract from elasticsearch?

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/1381057331/m/6847074096

July 02, 2018, 05:45 PM
Moogle
[closed] DataMigrator - extract from elasticsearch?
Hi,

I have an elasticsearch instance on AWS, which is working well for our real-time visualization needs at scale. Now, though, I need to extract some data for downstream analytics. I searched my list of available data adapters, and searched these forums, but came up blank.

Is it possible, with DataMigrator, to connect to and extract from, elasticsearch?

Cheers,

Joey

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Moogle,

-WebFOCUS 8.2.01 on Windows
July 06, 2018, 05:09 PM
FP Mod Chuck
Moogle

On techuspport I saw references to elasticsearch for OmniGen but don't see it listed as an available adapter for DM. You should probably check with techsupport to verify for sure.

Thank you for using Focal Point!

Chuck Wolff - Focal Point Moderator
WebFOCUS 7x and 8x, Windows, Linux All output Formats
July 07, 2018, 03:45 PM
Moogle
Hi Chuck,

Yes, I saw that, too. My interpretation is that omnigen’s framework model uses elasticsearch for log visibility, which is appropriate. In other words, it’s part of the plumbing of omnigen, but isn’t a data source, instead it’s used more like resource analyzer. We use it as a NoSQL repository for unstructured data, and that makes it hard to get the data back out. Some other ETL tools support it with their Big Data product variants, and I was hoping Data Migrator had a competing feature.

Thank you for your help, I appreciate it.

Cheers,

Joey

-WebFOCUS 8.2.01 on Windows