Focal Point Banner
Community Center Education Summit Technical Support User Groups
Let's Get Social!

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn YouTube
Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  iWay Software Product Forum on Focal Point    Data Migrator - Read flat file for deletes
Go
New
Search
Notify
Tools

Data Migrator - Read flat file for deletes
 Login/Join

posted
I'm new to DM and I'm mapping records from VSAM to DB2. Instead of refreshing the file (650k recs) I'm going to determine only those records that have changed in the source and either delete or insert records as necessary.

Can I read in a flat file of records to delete from DB2 and delete these through DM?

Thanks!

Posts: 7 | Registered: April 01, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Guru
posted Hide Post
Sure. The source file should contain the key values of the rows in the target table you want to delete. Then in Target Properties select "Key Matching Logic" and for "If the record exists" select "Delete the existing record."

Posts: 373 | Location: New York City | Registered: May 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks Cliff!

Posts: 7 | Registered: April 01, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post